Entry Requirements for Prize Draw
1. Specsavers Optical Group Limited whose registered office is at La Villiaze, St Andrews, Guernsey, GY6 8YP, is the legal promoter of the competition (‘Specsavers’).
2. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The competition is open to any person aged 18 and over, resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man (a ‘Qualifying Entrant’). Excludes employees, and their immediate families of Specsavers, Alcon, Coopervision, Johnson & Johnson, Menicon, Bausch & Lomb, Thea, Avizor, anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
4. The competition will commence on Monday 28 September 2020 at 10.00 (Local UK Time) and conclude on Wednesday 28 October 2020 at 23.59 (Local UK Time) (together the ‘Entry Period’).
5. No purchase is necessary to participate in this competition.
6. To enter the competition, the Qualifying Entrant will require internet access, must register as an optics delegate for the Specsavers Virtual 2020 PAC and attend virtual exhibition sessions and/or the quiz nights during the Entry Period. All steps in the entry process must be completed.
7. More than one Entry per person will be accepted into the competition.
8. Specsavers accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed corrupted or not received due to technical disruptions, network congestions or for any other reason.
9. Entries submitted outside the Entry Period will not be included in the competition. The time of an Entry will in each case be the time identified on the Post.
10. By entering the competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
11. By entering the competition, all Qualifying Entrants consent to the use of nick name, real first and/or last name and biographical information being shared on Specsavers’ social media channels in relation to publicity around this competition.
12. Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted.
13. There will be three winners selected from the Qualifying Entrants. One winner will get a one £300 Amazon.co.uk eGift voucher and other two winners will each get a one £100 Amazon.co.uk eGift voucher. See the website Amazon.co.uk for more information regarding the terms and conditions regarding the use, restrictions and expiry date of these Amazon.co.uk eGift vouchers.
14. No cash or other alternative prizes are available, and unless otherwise agreed in writing by Specsavers, the prize is available only to the winning Qualifying Entrant. Specsavers reserves the right to alter or substitute any element of the prize, whether available or not, with a prize of a similar value if circumstances beyond Specsavers’ control make it necessary to do so.
15. Each Qualifying Entrant who has entered a valid Entry into the competition over the duration of the Entry Period will be entered into the competition. The three winners will be chosen at random by a computer. The decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The draw will take place on Thursday 29 October 2020 at 11:00 (Local UK Time).
17. Specsavers’ decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Awarding the prize
18. The winner will be contacted by Specsavers via e-mail, by 15:00 (Local UK Time) on Monday 2 November 2020.
19. The winner will be expected to claim their prize within 72 hours of being notified by responding to or contacting Specsavers directly via e-mail.
20. If a winner cannot be contacted and/or refuses or fails to agree to these relevant terms, then Specsavers reserves the right to reallocate the prize to another Qualifying Entrant. The prize is non-transferable and Specsavers will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize.
22. The winner’s name can be obtained upon request in writing from Specsavers Optical Group Limited, La Villiaze, St Andrews, Guernsey, GY6 8YP (in such circumstances limited information relating to the Qualifying Entrant only will be provided).
23. Specsavers reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or change the details of the competition and/or review and revise these terms and conditions without notice and by continuing to take part in the competition subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
24. The decision of Specsavers on any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. Save where it has been negligent, Specsavers will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from the Entries into the competition or the Qualifying Entrants’ acceptance of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit any Qualifying Entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit Specsavers’ liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
26. This competition and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
27.The Qualifying Entrant’s personal information will only be collected, stored and processed by Specsavers and the Sponsors of the Specsavers Virtual 2020 PAC (namely, Alcon, Coopervision, Johnson & Johnson, Menicon, Bausch & Lomb, Thea, Avizor,) for the purposes of administering this competition and the redemption of the prize (see clause 12 above) and it will be held by Specsavers.
28.For full details on how your personal data is used please visit: www.specsavers.co.uk/legal/privacy-statement.
Share, Print or Favourite